Enlisted Nine Fight Company
At Enlisted Nine Fight Company we are a family, and our school is bound to become our students’ second home. We are a judgment-free zone, where mistakes are viewed as growth opportunities and your instructors and fellow students are your #1 supporters. You’ll learn a lot of impressive skills and gain many new abilities at Enlisted Nine Fight Company, but the most important thing you’ll acquire during your time here? Our community.
Enlisted Nine Fight Company
Here Enlisted Nine Fight Company, our staff is the secret to our student success. Each instructor has a rich background in martial arts and is eager to train the next generation of martial artists. Meet the team below!
Co-Owner | Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt (2nd Degree)
Professor Colton T. Smith
Colton Smith has competed and won at the highest levels as both a Professional Fighter and Combat Athlete. Aside from his illustrious martial arts resume, Colton is still serving his country on Active Duty with over 16 years of service as an Infantryman. He is a decorated veteran of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Some of his notable military career accolades include earning the Ranger Tab, Sapper Tab, CIB, EIB, Airborne, and Air Assault badges; serving in positions from Rifleman to Company First Sergeant; Special Operations Combatives Instructor, Combatives Master Trainer, and Congressional Liaison. Colton also holds the distinction of being the only Service-Member to ever fight in the UFC while on Active Duty, let alone being crowned “The Ultimate Fighter” winner, which he was cast on during the 16th season of the hit reality show which awarded him a six-figure contract with the UFC and a brand new Harley Davidson Motorcycle. He is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu & Combatives Black Belt. Colton is an avid Wrestling, Martial Arts, and Combatives coach within his local community. He dedicates much of his free time focusing his efforts on assisting DOD assets and other Government agencies in all facets of resiliency and survivability in this volatile world. Colton bases all of his efforts on his Christian faith. He currently resides in Virginia with his three amazing children.
- UFC Ultimate Fighter Winner (Season 16)
- 4x UFC Veteran
- Arnold Schwarzenegger “Out of the Ring” Award Winner
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt (First Degree)
- Combatives Black Belt (Less than 20 in existence)
- Catch Wrestling Champion
- National Wrestling Hall of Fame “Outstanding American” Inductee
- Combatives/ SOCP Master Trainer
- Co-Founder/ Owner of Enlisted Nine Fight Company HQ
Co-Owner | Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Black Belt
Professor Richard Pasinski
Coach Richard Pasinski has spent the majority of his life immersed in athletics and martial arts in some capacity, which ultimately led him to become a United States Marine. Rich spent 8 years in the Corps, half of which was spent serving in the prestigious Presidential Helicopter Squadron-HMX-1. It was there that Rich was baptized into the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program and ultimately rose to the rank of Black Belt Instructor. Since that time Rich has spent 9 years professionally working in support of DoD assets in the National Capital Region and has spearheaded programs assisting in the lethality and effectiveness of the service-members under his tutelage. Aside from his already very eclectic resume, Richard has risen to the BJJ rank of Black Belt and has remained an extremely active competitor on the BJJ scene both locally and internationally. Although he is rather reticent about it, Richard also traveled to Africa in support of the Lionheart Initiative, empowering the locals in Senegal with BJJ & MMA instruction as well as donating GIs and MMA gear in the process. The effects of that trip are still enjoyed to this day on the African Continent. From an intellectual standpoint, Richard has also pursued advanced education; receiving an Associates and Bachelors’s Degree in Organizational Management. Rich is a well-versed instructor of adults and children alike in several facets of martial arts. He is a father of 4, he and his wife currently reside in Stafford, VA.
- 2021 IBJJF Dallas International Open NoGi, Gold Medalist, Brown Belt, Masters 2
- 2021 IBJJF Dallas International Open Absolute, Silver Medalist, Brown Belt, Masters 3
- 2019 IBJJF New York International Open, Gold Medalist, Purple Belt, Masters 2
- 2019 IBJJF Charlotte International Open, Gold Medalist, Purple Belt, Masters 3
- 2019 IBJJF Washington, DC. International Open, Gold Medalist, Purple Belt, Masters 2
- 2018 IBJJF New York International Open, Bronze Medalist, Purple Belt, Masters 2
- 2017 IBJJF Washington, D.C. International Open, Bronze Medalist, Blue Belt, Masters 2
- 2022 IBJJF Charleston International Open NoGi, Silver Medalist, Black Belt, Masters 3
- 2022 IBJJF Charleston International Open Gi, Bronze Medalist, Black Belt, Masters 3
Head Wrestling Coach
Coach Elijah “The Hero” Harshbarger
- Founder of Gold Medal Grappling
- 3X Freestyle National Champion
- Greco National Champion
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu National Champion
- Sambo National Runner Up
- 2X Ring of Combat Champion
- 2015 Virginia Fighter Of The Year
- Trained Numerous Mixed Martial Arts Champions from every level of the sport
- Coach of several state and national wrestling champions
Head Wrestling Coach
Coach Nick Hunt
Coach Nick was born and raised in the greater Baltimore, MD area. Nick is a US Army Veteran with 12 years of service to his country. While in the military, Nick served as a law enforcement officer (Military Police), completing specialty schools such as Advanced Police Tactics (S.R.T), Unarmed Self Defense instructor, Protective Service Agent and Combatives Master Trainer. Nick has competed at the highest levels of the US Army Combatives Program as well as receiving several Gold Medals in Jiu-Jitsu competition. Nick is an avid competitor and practitioner in Jiu-Jitsu, Combatives, Wrestling and Muay Thai. Nick takes pride in teaching and mentoring as he can regularly be found assisting the newest generation of martial artist all the while trying to better himself and the Enlisted Nine organization.
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Purple Belt
- Certified Combatives Master Trainer
- Special Operations Combatives Program Assistant Instructor
- Tactical Combatives Course Graduate
- Basic Combatives Course Graduate
- Certified E9FCVA Coach
- 2023 PBJJF D.C. Winter Open Middle Weight, Gold Medalist, Purple Belt
- 2023 PBJJF D.C. Winter Open Middle Weight (No-Gi), Bronze Medalist, Purple Belt
- 2022 IBJJF New Haven International Open, Silver Medalist, Purple Belt
- 2022 Grappling Industries DMV open, Silver Medalist, Blue Belt, Adult
Head Judo Coach
Coach George Antoniou
Coach George is a US Army Veteran who has dedicated much of his adult life to his country and martial arts. With over 30 years of martial arts experience, George is one of the most capable Judo practitioners and coaches within the DMV. George is a certified USJF/ USA Judo Certified Instructor, Coach, and Referee. Kodokan Judo was derived from Japanese Ju Jitsu and created by its founder, Dr. Jigoro Kano in 1882 and has the core principles of “Mutual Benefit and Welfare” and “Maximum Efficiency” with the goal of making better citizens. If you want to learn how to throw your opponents, come out and learn some Judo with Coach George!
- 3rd Degree Judo Black Belt
- United States Judo Federation and USA Judo Certified Instructor, Coach, and Referee
- Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Certified E9FCVA Coach
Head Muay Thai Coach
Coach Chase Thorpe
Coach Chase recently separated from the United States Navy after seven years of honorable service. During that time, he worked primarily as a Network Exploitation Analyst providing support for the Cyber Mission Forces within the Pacific Theatre and earned a B.S. in Software Development and Security. Over the last 15 years, Chase has steeped himself in the lifestyle of a martial artist and looks forward to the journey of being a lifelong student. He has trained and competed in a number of combat sports, including Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. About six years ago, Chase began coaching Muay Thai while stationed in Oahu, Hawaii. While there, Chase coached hundreds of students of all skill levels and trained and cornered amateur and professional fighters in both Muay Thai and MMA competitions. As a coach, he has helped prepare fighters to compete on some of the largest stages in the combat sports world both domestically and internationally in promotions such as Lion Fight in Las Vegas, Max Muay Thai in Thailand, and the U.S. Muay Thai Open. Most importantly, he believes martial arts has something to offer everyone and seeks to foster an environment where you can learn safely and effectively whether you are a competitive athlete or a weekend warrior looking to learn a new skill. Chase works primarily as a software engineer supporting the DoD and resides in Fredericksburg, VA
- Cung Le’s Born to Fight tournament, Gold Medalist (Muay Thai), Adult
- 2019 Caverinha Jiu Jitsu Family, Gold Medalist, Blue Belt, Adult
- 2019 Triple Crown, Bronze Medalist, Blue Belt, Adult
- 2016 Caverinha Jiu Jitsu Family, Bronze Medalist, White Belt, Adult
- Enlisted Nine Fight Company Purple Belt
- Certified E9FCVA Coach
Kids Coaching Staff
- Head Coach: Professor Richard Pasinski (Black Belt) 5x IBJJF Gold Medalist
- Head Coach: Coach Brad Biggs (Purple Belt) IBJJF Gold Medalist
- Assistant Coach: Coach Teresa Pasinski (Blue Belt) PBJJF Bronze Medalist
- Assistant Coach: Coach Averyana Pasinski (Blue Belt) 2X Pan Am Medalist, Virginia Women’s National Wrestling Team member, 21X BJJ Gold Medalist
- Assistant Coach: Julianna Aguilar (Blue Belt) Multiple X Toro Cup Winner, and Multiple X BJJ Gold Medalist
E9 BJJ is an excellent facility that is professional, team/family-focused, and provides excellent coaching and training. The owners and coaches provide personalized training that challenges and builds on the skills and strengths of each member. If you’re looking for a Brazilian Jui Jitsu gym that is safe and friendly for kids, teens, and adults - E9 BJJ is for you!
This place is awesome. It has plenty of space for rolls. There is also an incredible amount of knowledge in the room. I only go to E9 during the weekends since I don't live in VA, but I would come every day if I had the opportunity to. My experience in E9 has made me fall in love with BJJ.
Absolutely LOVED the Women’s Only Class! The instructor was very talented and was able to break down the material to a beginner's level for me, but also keep it interesting and relevant for the advanced belts. The gym is absolutely massive and provided us with plenty of space to roll too. Additionally, it was really nice that there wasn’t any pressure on me to roll if I didn’t feel like it after the block of instruction. So I was able to watch others roll and then get in there when I felt comfortable. Highly recommend this class for any women and girls that are interested in starting or advancing their martial arts journey.
Great instruction and environment to train in with a Team mentality. I would highly recommend E-Nine for all levels
Couldn't think of a better place to grow as a person and martial artist. The staff and students are men and women of character who work hard to better everyone in the room. The facility is clean and up to date, the perfect environment to complement the high-quality instruction. I can't wait to make my way back to the area so I can get back into training with the E9 team. Would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a good place to train!